Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Where Do I Begin?

Not only have I not blogged for the last oh, five months--it has probably been the most meaningful time of my life. Slacker. Slacker. Slacker. Oh well, we're going to move past that now and pretend I was more diligent. Had I been... these are some of the things I would have mentioned to you, our wonderful friend:

1. Being engaged-wow, I'm sure glad that's over! Don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic to have a ring on my finger that meant "I'm taken and he's mine" but it was a bit of an emotional rollercoaster for me. The highs were higher and the lows were lower- its a miracle that Jon didn't throw in the towel on some days and run while he still could! But I'm sure glad he didn't. Our official engagement was only six weeks long, predominantly the crunch time of winter semester, including finals. I know- what was I thinking? Jon sure left me head over heels. I think I shocked A LOT of my closest friends when it was finally official (we were pretty good at keeping it a secret- in fact Jon's roommates didn't know until he pulled out the ring on the way out the door to propose). Anyway, my engagement period was just another testament of the fact that my sweet mom is WONDER WOMAN! She was so much help and it was great because after week three, the whole wedding was planned minus just a couple little last minute details we pulled together as soon as we could. Can I please repeat, my mother is amazing. I think one of the most fun parts of being engaged was taking pictures with Jon and designing the invitations... I will include those.

2. Bridals- I took them on an extremely windy day. I'm not gonna lie, I don't think I have ever been shy in front of the camera and we had a lot of fun. My photographer even got some fun shots of me and my mom trying to run out of the dust storm that the wind caused. I will post some of those next as well.

3. The wedding day. May 9, 2008. Alright, please forgive me for being so cliche--best day of my life. The Millers hosted a beautiful wedding breakfast at the Lion House, and it was wonderful to have almost all the people I love and care about most in one room together. The temple sealing was beautiful. The reception was exactly how I imagined it, and it ended with my family and close friends there for a whole lot of fun as we danced the night away. Everything went perfect and at the end of the day, I was married to my first high school crush, the person who pushes me to be my best, my other half, the support who cheers me up at the end of a rough day, the man I want to be with forever, and my best friend.

4. Honeymoon. Well, since we met at DisneyLand back in 2003, we thought it would be fun to make a trip back again just the two of us. We had a lot of fun hanging out on the beaches in California and being newlyweds at the happiest place on earth. I have some fun pictures from the honeymoon that I will post as soon as I find my camera cord.

5. New roommate. Wow, can I just say, I love my new roommate! He's clean, kind, and actually acknowledges me when I come into the room. Some of you may not know that I had a hard time with my living situation for the last year, sufficient to say--my roommates weren't exactly friendly to me most of the time. Good learning experience, but I am so grateful to actually feel welcome and at home where I live. We have enjoyed being newlyweds so much. The first part of our newlywed days revolved around the NBA Playoffs. We didn't miss a single Jazz game-even on our honeymoon! It was a bit sad being out in California while we were losing to LA though. Anyway, after the Playoffs were over, we didn't seem to know what to do with ourselves. (I hope you all catch the sarcasm, but in a way, it was kind of true.) Luckily, we found a new obsession in the fun American Idol-like series The Next Food Network Star. Every Sunday night we would get everything together for the week, get ready for bed, and try our best to keep our eyes open til 11 pm. Ok, I know thats not very late, but we are usually asleep by 10:30 or 11 ish. I'm not afraid to admit it, and neither is Jon-we're lame. Anyway, we would stay up til midnight every Sunday night because we absolutely loved this show. Every show they would have a challenge for the contestants to showcase their personalities in front of the camera, and then the best part...a cooking challenge. I was rooting for the former Cougarette, Kelsey but Jon and I also love the guy that won- Aaron. We are way excited about his new show Big Daddy's Kitchen. Ok, those of you who are making fun of our Food Network addiction-have you ever seen IRON CHEF??? They are hardcore. Alright, you can still make fun of us. We were also happy that when the Next Food Network Star competition was over, the Olympics were right around the corner.

6. I love my family! How blessed am I? I have the best parents and sister in the world and I couldn't have married into a more wonderful family if I had handpicked every single member of it! And one more shout out to my husband... Jonny I love you, you are so wonderful!!!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Great update! I'm glad things are going so well for you guys--can't wait for some pictures!!

ClaysJenna said...

OK, so we totally watch the same shows!! I was SO happy Aaron won! I was rooting for him!!

Unknown said...

hold up.. jonny a clean roommate? man, i need to see this cause i remember having to help them clean m.smif all the time!! hahah but glad to hear the update!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your back in the blogging world!! Can't wait to hear more from you guys!

Rachel said...

SO excited to see some updates! Sorry I've been a lame and non-existent friend lately, but luckily I am no longer working nights and I can be somewhat social again! Yay! I have the same perfectionism vs. procrastination problem in my life...they don't exactly go together well and it creates much unnecessary stress. If you ever figure out that one let me know. I can't wait to see all your pictures!! And don't worry, my blog isn't all that fancy, all we care about is seeing how you're doing!

e said...

Oh Celeste, you are so cute! I loved reading your update -- you sounds so wonderfully happy, which is so great! I'm so happy for you and Jonny!!! Oh, and I've added you guys to my blog roll on my blog -- hope that's okay :-)

joshandval said...

Just wanted you to know we think yall are the cutest newlyweds ever! So glad we are sister too!!!

Christina said...

It's good to have difficult roommates before you get married. We know. It made our first year of marriage a breeze. You guys are both so great, and we "sure do luv ya!"