Monday, October 6, 2008

Get Your Head In The Game!

Ok, this is not good! It is only October and I am already having a difficult time staying focused with my school work. This is usually the time where I start motivating myself with stupid little rewards like telling myself "Celeste, if you finish that assignment, you can eat a handful of gummy bears" or "Just four more hours of reading and you can watch The Office."

Well, the Vice Presidential debate disabled that technique last week. (I really shouldn't complain about the debates, since I am a Political Science major...) The other problem with my usual methods is that I don't usually need these until at least November! Where did the savvy student in me run off to so quickly this semester?

I'm not sure, but I can tell you where I sure would love to be:
Warm weather + DisneyLand + the beach + Jon =
BACK ON OUR HONEYMOOON!

To honor my wishful thinking, I am finally going to post some pictures from that fun week. Any suggestions or comments on how you ward off your procrastination would be appreciated! Or, if you just want to sympathize with me and tell me what you do to procrastinate, that works too.

7 comments:

HDVB said...

Okay...I am just going to sympathize with you...because I just 'rewarded' myself with 5 tootsie rolls because I made it through one of my classes today...oh so sad! My ambition has run off some where too! :)

ClaysJenna said...

Ill sympathize because I am the queen of procrastination. I blog. Thats what I do. Instead of working. Its horrible. I usually put things off until midnight then I get a wave of motivation (or maybe panic) and work through the night. Good luck with school darling!!!

Matt said...

Life isn't worth living without a little procrastination! Enjoy!

Marie said...

First of all, super cute honeymoon pictures. It looks like so much fun. I would love to be there now. Maybe this BEAUTIFUL weather is reminding you of your honeymoon and that's why you want to procrastinate! All throughout school I procrastinated. And every time I hated it, because I would get way too stressed. Sadly enough, my best work comes under pressure. And sadly enough, the one thing I never learned by the time I graduated was how not to procrastinate. Good luck!! (I still know that you are a much better and smarter student than I ever was, so I think you'll be ok).

Cheyenne D said...

Thanks so much for your comment, you are so sweet! :)
I think you guys are the best! Your pics from Disneyland are AWESOME. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

Alyssa said...

i'll sympathize too. i'm always finding a way around studying! sad, isn't it? :( haha.. bu t fun in the process. Your pictures are VERY cute!! :)

Christina said...

I want to be in warm weather, disneyland, with you and Jons, too.