Monday, November 17, 2008

Tagged...

I rarely get "tagged" on other people's blogs. Probably because most of my friends realize I won't have anything very interesting to say... but I was tagged by Michelle a few weeks ago and I am finally going to quickly jot down seven random facts about me...

1. I'm a huge NERD. I love learning. I was the Debate President in high school. I've fully accepted that I am a CLASS A geek.

2. I love to COOK. My sophomore year I had a roommate that was a great cook and its started to get me interested in cooking more. When Jon and I started to date, I would cook for him quite a bit and he was always so complimentary. I think his enthusiasm really caused me to enjoy cooking. I guess the little investment he put into boosting my ego/confidence sure paid off because he's only cooked three times since we've been married!

3. I am deathly allergic to PEANUT BUTTER. I found out when I was about six months old and my mom fed me a peanut on an airplane. Luckily, I survived and went on to spend every single lunch period in my Elementary school's office because I couldn't even step foot into the cafeteria with all the kiddos PB&Js. (Don't feel too bad for me, my friends used to fight over who got to bring me my lunch. In Elementary school, I guess there was some appeal to eating in the office.) Despite this one perk, the allergy is usually just a huge annoyance (not to mention potentially life-threatening...) I spent one Easter in the ER because I took a small nibble of a chocolate rabbit who had "peanut butter" hiding at the very bottom of its ingredient list. My doctor advised me to stay away from the "terrorist" Easter bunny in the future.

4. I love to WRITE. I enjoy any kind of writing. When I was 15, I actually wrote a poem to help me get over Jon. (I mean when you meet someone at DisneyLand, crush hard on them and then things don't exactly work out, what else is a teenage heart to do?) It's hilarious to me to read it now and brings back some fun memories.

5. I love TREATS! Mostly I want to share this one because I want reassurance that I am not alone in this. Every night a few hours after dinner, I get this little longing for a little something sweet. So I'll cut up an apple and throw it in the skillet with a bit of brown sugar and cinnamon, make cookies, or dig in the freezer for some ice cream. I swear, Jon THINKS I AM CRAZY. I never eat a lot, but I also never try to stifle a craving. I just don't think it's healthy for a happy, sane individual to block the brain waves that scream "chocolate, NOW!"

6. I love SPORTS. I grew up playing ball with the (much taller than me) boys on the street, watching games with my dad, and living for basketball season. I know it will probably shock most people that I played on the school team and for a local competition team since I measure in at an intimidating 5' 2 but some of my best memories growing up revolve around basketball. My love of sports has made my marriage a lot easier since Jon watches more college football than any normal human should be capable of watching. Saturday morning, I have to beg him not to jump out of bed too early to get ready for the pre-game shows and I am lucky if I can re-capture his attention before midnight. Thank goodness I enjoy some of the rivalries just as much as he does or that routine could get old pretty fast!

7. I brush my teeth in the shower. If you haven't tried it, GIVE IT A CHANCE. Jon made fun of me too, but now he's a believer!

Now that I have shared seven random facts about me, I now TAG:
Kimmy, Marci, Hannah, Christina, Val, Beverly, and Cheyenne!!!

9 comments:

ClaysJenna said...

Love reading about you darling!! I didnt know you were allergic to peanuts..my nephew is too I dont think I would like that very much...haha:) I hope all is going well. Just an FYI my blog address has changed. (I noticed you have my old one) its now claysjenna.blogspot.com!! Im glad to see everything is going so well for you guys. You both are just darling:)

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Haha, I know those quirks are hilarious! I was laughing the whole time I was writing it. And I agree, if I could get Ben a cow I think he would be the happiest person on earth. And my wallet would love it. :) You look great and so happy! How are things?

Anonymous said...

I have been known to brush my teeth in the shower too! My little brother got me hooked!

Michelle said...

I am so glad you did the tag! It was fun learning a few more random facts about you!

Michelle said...

Oh, and you can have assurance that you are not alone in loving sweets! I eat way too much of them every day. I even have my stash of chocolate cinnamon bears in my desk! :)

Anonymous said...

I know seven is a little out of control right! Haha... I decided on nursing. I started in the medical field and ended there. Weird?? Haha...

And that soup is for sure inspired. How could it not be? I think maybe Zeus makes it. I don't think we're going to be able to find the recipe!!

Angie said...

i think a roommate reunion would be a great idea! lets plan it.

HDVB said...

I brush my teeth in the shower too!! :) Okay, did you mean ME hannah or another hannah?! ahhaha, I just realized that my name was on there ;)

Megano said...

I totally love sweets at that time too!!! BUT I will say I've never had an apple to curve the craving:)! Loved reading the post!