Monday, December 1, 2008

Sleeping with the Enemy


Jon and I cheer for a lot of the same teams, but when it comes to the NBA my loyalty is to the Jazz while his heart is with the Chicago Bulls. Last week, our parents and our friends Kevin and Michelle Walker ventured downtown to the Energy Solutions Arena to witness the showdown between our teams. Obviously the rivalry was a lot bigger in the days of Stockton/Malone and Jordan/Pippen but it's still exciting when they play.

Millers and Olsens

Unfortunately, Williams, Boozer, and Korver were still out, but it was still a really exciting game! It was a nail biter, and the Bulls pulled out the win with a buzzer beater! It was so close that the officials even reviewed the last play to make sure that the shot went up before time expired.

Me, Jon, Michelle and Kevin Walker

It's worth noting, Jon is actually a big Jazz fan too. He cheers for them with me all the time, except for when they are playing the Bulls. Also, I can't believe I am even saying this, but I cheer for the Bulls too as long as it's not against the Jazz. Back when we were dating, I went from absolutely hating the Bulls to finding myself cheering along with Jon. That's when I knew I must have really liked Jon!


Also, hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Here's Jon entertaining all of our relatives at our Thanksgiving feast!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

What a fun rivalry for you two. Isn't it funny what love will do to you? You'll even cheer for a team you hated before. :) hehe

Cassie said...

YOur wedding pictures are so cute. I love that you and Jon got married, you two are perfect!

HDVB said...

hahah, I love the title - that's a good movie btw! :) Daniel is absolutely OBSESSED with the Jazz...so I guess I'll side with you! ;) GO JAZZ!!

Anonymous said...

We were in the same place! Crazy! It was a heart break at the end!

Megano said...

Dangit Jazz... I wish that they would have won... looks like you guys had a way good time! Loves it! Glad you had a good thanksgiving too.

e said...

Too funny! You could always split the difference between your rivalry, you know, like name one future child Stockton and one Jordan. Ha ha ;)

* said...

Hello girl!! I love love love your wedding pics. They are absolutely gorgeous!!

PS you need to add me to your blog :)

* said...

I made our blog not private - for the time being so maybe it will work now :) I swear blogger has issues sometimes lol

Kimberly Nan said...

Celeste, I miss you! Way to chose the Jazz over the bulls! I knew you HAD to be secretly related to me, really.

Angie Williams said...

Hey Celeste! Of course I remember you, haha. And no, I am not the sister-in-law that has seen Twilight 5 times, but I did see it once! Your wedding pictures are so gorgeous. How is married life?

Christina said...

Welcome to the club! We knew it was only a matter of time for you to join the dark side.