Saturday, March 1, 2008

Valentines Day

I just re-read what I wrote below and I have to warn you that it is mega-cheesy/mushy, but hey- it was Valentines Day! Ok, read on if you want, but you can't say that I didn't warn you!

I was so excited to see Jon on Valentines Day that I didn't want to wait until after he got home from work! So I snuck into his apartment before he woke up and brought him breakfast in bed--heart shaped banana pancakes and french toast. While he was at work, I decorated his room with tons of hearts, balloons and pictures of us together. Throughout the day at work, I arranged for his co-workers to give him little notes, pictures, cookies, quotes we have said, and things that remind me of him as kind of a "14 Days of Valentines" deal. It was so fun making it all because it gave me a chance to think back on all of the wonderful memories we have together and all the reasons he means so much to me.

Jons is such a sweetheart! After the weather ruined a lot of preparation and planning for his initial idea of taking a plane ride over Provo, he still pulled through with something to help us end the night on a romantic note. (Even though I was so tired from staying up the night before finishing up my Valentines stuff for him that I fell asleep on his couch by like 9:30!) He made me close my eyes as we walked into his apartment for dinner, and when I opened them I was in a cute little romantic "restaurant" called "Le Miller." He had hung up black sheets encircling his kitchen table and put white Christmas lights all around the ceiling. It was an incredibly cute setting, complete with candles and even a menu! After dinner, he played me the song he wrote for me last summer and gave me a picture of us with the lyrics of the song. It was so sweet.

We are also very excited for Jared and Tonya! They are absolutely perfect for each other and we are so excited that they got engaged the next day! Tonya is amazing! We have bonded quite a few times on the joys of being an "outsider" invited for a sneak peak into the excitement of "being a Miller." It was nice to see Jared again while he was in town, and we couldn't be happier for them!
Me decorating Jon's room

Jon found his surprise!

I had a ton of fun trying to surprise him throughout the day

It was fun to finally print eleven months worth of pictures too!

We had a wonderful day

Jon at "Le Miller" - It was so cute
I had a hard time deciding what to order from the menu

Isn't he the cutest? I love you babe.

Thanks for a really thoughtful evening!

1 comment:

jessie said...

HEY!!! I don't know if you will get this, but hopefully it will work. I don't know if I ever gave you my address for an announcement. Anyways... I am coming home that weekend for Mother's Day and would love to come. Where is your reception at? Congrats and hopefully I'll see you on Friday! :)