Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!


Well, in an effort to endlessly procrastinate my homework, I have found a temporary distraction in blogging. I love seeing all the updates of my friends and family! Jon and I initially started this blog last year in lieu of writing a monthly e-mail update to his family. As girlfriend of the time, I was somehow appointed to helping Jon to be more diligent about actually following through on this commitment. Not sure how I ended up with that designation, but lets be honest, Jon needed the help. (Love you baby!)

Today, I chanced upon Allie Shumway's blog. We were in the same dance group a few times back in high school and she's an absolutely adorable girl. On her blog, she mentioned that she is going to print her blog and make it into a book-what a great idea! As I was thinking about how it has been fun to capture the events of our dating, courtship, engagement, and marriage on our blog, I started to wonder how long its been since we started making this online record. Well, guess what? We started exactly one year ago today! Happy birthday to our blog! In honor of the beginning of our blog, I am going to post a picture capturing one of the beginnings of our relationship... the night we "pretended to be engaged" and took a fake engagement picture! If we only knew what we were getting ourselves into!

...and now, I WILL do my homework.

3 comments:

HDVB said...

Celeste! I am so glad that you gave me your blog address! You definitely need to add me! hdvb.blogspot.com You guys are adorable!

Michelle said...

Congrats on your one year anniversary of your blog. I love the idea of creating a book from your blog!

Bryan and Allie said...

Thanks Celeste! Ok-after commenting last night, I downloaded the program to get more details. Its pretty simple once you have downloaded the file. Be aware-its a BIG file! Once you do that, you select the size of album, then it asks you to sign into your blogger, then it will automatically copy everything (only posts)into the blurb program, then you can make any edits from there. Add backgrounds, design a cover, etc. It was pretty easy, but will be time consuming because I will want to make it perfect! Mine in only going to be about $45. Thats for 2007 and 2008. Not bad at all. It all just depends on how much you post. You can delete posts too--not everything has to be included in the book. On blurb.com they have some tutorials you can watch too for more details. I'm excited though--and will publish it once the year is over! :)

Keep in touch!