Wednesday, September 10, 2008

MY DAD COULD BEAT UP YOUR DAD!!!

Do you remember using a comeback like this when you were a kid? To be honest, I don't think I ever did, but it seemed like a good way to start off my birthday wishes to my wonderful father today!!! (Plus, the title "Happy Birthday" already went to our blog last time. Wasn't really thinking ahead on that one, was I?)

In honor of my dad on his special day, please enjoy this Top Ten Tribute to him:
(now the hard part is going to be narrowing this list down to ten things!)

1. My dad's number #1 priority is his family.

Family Picture outside the Provo temple where my parents were married over twenty-five years ago.

2. My dad is an incredibly hard worker.

My dad has been a pilot for SkyWest since April 22, 1985-with hours starting as early as 2 a.m.
He works long days to provide for our family.

3. My dad has a great sense of humor.

My dad jokingly pouting that he was too tall to ride the kiddie ride.

4. My dad is an amazing example to me.

Everyone in my extended family looks up to my dad. I have always admired how he doesn't have to tell you what to do, because he leads by example with his actions. (I love everyone's face in this goofy picture, especially my dad's.)

5. My dad is a good husband to my mom.

After watching my dad my whole life, I had pretty high expectations of a future spouse.
Luckily Jon has a lot of the same qualities I respect so much about my dad.


6. My dad is incredibly generous.

Dad sharing his oysters with Danielle.
He and my mom have blessed my life so much with their generosity and I have always been so impressed as I have watched them give so much to others.


7. My dad cooks a mean steak on the grill.

Not only does is he a mean griller, but he also whips up an incredible spaghetti sauce and is definitely the melon expert.

8. My dad is a ton of fun.

Gotta love Dad's face here as we are about to take off on another fun rollercoaster ride at Busch Gardens.

9. My dad has been there for me at all the important times.

From coaching my basketball games to seeing me off to Homecoming dances, my dad has always been a huge support to me.

10. Any man who can live outnumbered by so many women deserves props!

Dad has miraculously figured out how to deal with us girls!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Celeste. Love Dad.

Michelle said...

What a fun post for your dad! Hope he had a great birthday.

HDVB said...

You are too cute -what a wonderful Dad you have! :)